12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music
Music has really gone downhill these days. Sometimes I just pull out the old record player and pretend I'm living in the '70's, then I remember that women didn't shave their cooters then and I come back to reality.
1. Creed has sold more records in the US than Jimi Hendrix
2. Led Zeppelin, REM, and Depeche Mode have never had a number one single, Rihanna has 10
3. Ke$ha's “Tik-Tok” sold more copies than ANY Beatles single
4. Flo Rida's “Low” has sold 8 million copies – the same as The Beatles' “Hey Jude”
5. The Black Eyed Peas' “I Gotta Feeling” is more popular than any Elvis or Simon & Garfunkel song
6. Celine Dion's “Falling Into You” sold more copies than any Queen, Nirvana, or Bruce Springsteen record
7. Same with Shania Twain's “Come On Over”
8. Katy Perry holds the same record as Michael Jackson for most number one singles from an album
9. Barbra Streisand has sold more records (140 million) than Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash, and Tom Petty combined
10. People actually bought Billy Ray Cyrus' album “Some Gave All…” 20 million people. More than any Bob Marley album
11. The cast of “Glee” has had more songs chart than the Beatles
While scouting the hot actresses on the red carpet for tonight's Emmy's (we'll have all the photos in the morning), we spotted a commercial starring Zoe Saldana for Calvin Klein's "Nothing to Hide" underwear. We're pretty sure the videos and photos and have been out for a while now, but it's the first we've seen of them, so we thought we'd share.